Monday, December 15, 2014

CO2 Antarctic Pumpdown at AGU

The American Geophysical Union (AGU) is the premier scientific organization dealing with Earth Science in the USA.  About 25000 geophysicists are in San Francisco this week for the annual AGU meeting.  Every possible thing having to do with the earth is discussed somewhere at AGU including geo engineering. Also including my geo engineering concept as of Monday December 15.

Like most presentations at AGU I wrote a short abstract on CAP and submitted it for review about three months ago.   My paper was assigned to a session on the Cryosphere.  I created a "poster" that Summarized the CAP concept, pinned it up to a display board and spent two hours talking with geophysicists, glaciologists, climatologists and anyone else who was interested about the CAP concept.  

At least three different people told me they also had geoengineering ideas but were reluctant to present them publicly out of concern that they might be thought to be out of the mainstream.  

Luckily or unluckily I don't share that particular concern

No comments:

Post a Comment